Here's where we started this weekend:
What is this awesomeness of which I speak?
A laser level.
It helped us level the trailer. It also helped us find the starting point for the other side of the end cap :)
With the laser level, we first found the horizontal for the first sconce. Then we placed a piece of tape along that line on the left side. Then we turned the level to create the vertical line (the sconces align with the edge of the window!) and marked the spot where the two crossed on the aluminum with a sharpie! SOOOO simple! Though, you'll notice that it looks wonky, since I took the photo from an angle. The curves are SO deceiving!
When we watched YouTube tutorials on this process, several people suggested that it took them 10-12 hours to build an end cap. It took us 10 hours to get this far, so we're right in that window! Yay!
Next weekend, we'll start work on the other end <3
Until then! Becca