After last weekend when it rained and we discovered all of our leaks, we spent some dry moments in the middle of the week addressing them. We started with the air conditioner, since it's on the roof. Sorry, I didn't get any pictures of it - I'm terrified of heights and Mike was the one up there (he also forgot to take photos!) ;) After we got the roof sealed, we moved onto the next big leak which was the door.
All of the white caulk that you see nearest the door frame is the latest addition ;) We caulked the entire away around.
We also squished caulk into the seam seen above! Don't worry, we wiped off all of the excess and it looks fabulous!
And lastly, we caulked the edges of the window frames where they attach to the shell of the trailer. We *THINK* this should address all of the leaks, but it hasn't rained yet, and we haven't felt like giving her a shower to test the seams quite yet, so we're not positive ;)
On Saturday, we decided that we needed to get the emblems all restored so that we could rivet them back into place. This all needs to happen before we can put the inner skin back on, since the rivets will need to be caulked from the inside. The above photo is our "before" picture. They've been cleaned with soap and water and then wiped down with acetone. I kind of thought that the acetone would remove the old blue so we could start fresh, but it didn't budge! Not sure what the blue stuff is!
Next, we polished them. We had originally thought that polishing them with the Dremel would work well, but it was hard to hold onto them and was slow. So Mike broke out the big polisher! Made MUCH quicker work of it LOL!
Here they are all polished up! It's hard to see in the photo (it looks like nothing changed!), but the raised letters don't have huge nicks and scratches in them anymore :)
Pretty sure this was the most tedious part of the whole thing - taping in preparation for spray painting. UGH.
The taping TOOK FOREVER. Or rather, the trimming the tape with an exacto-knife and carefully removing the excess tape TOOK FOREVER ;) The spraying, however, took no time at all!
Here's a (sort-of) before and after - one painted blue, the other not painted yet! There are some touch ups that need to happen, and then we'll need to seal it with a clear coat, but it looks AMAZING! And then we'll have to repeat the process with the others LOL!
On Sunday, we decided to take the day off from working on Maude. I've been pretty grumpy about her, and it's not productive ;) In hopes of taking a REAL break (not just sitting around the house feeling guilty for not wanting to work on Maude) and doing something to recharge my batteries, we went mushroom hunting!
And I think it worked :) Getting some much-needed dirt time was lovely, we found some species that were new to us, and I'm feeling less resistant to working on Maude :)